Wednesday 14 December 2011

"I love Jesus"

My wife asked our eight year old daughter what Christmas meant to her. She replied it meant the birth of Jesus. Since she liked drawing, my wife asked her to draw something to do with Jesus.

She thought of a petal. Puzzled by this idea my wife asked her, "Why a petal?"

"Because Jesus is perfect like a petal," she replied.

She drew some flowers on a piece of paper and coloured them in. Then in the middle of the paper she drew a heart and within that she wrote these words:


Jesus is like a delicate petal.
Everything He does is perfect.
How can anybody be bad to Him?
He is the light of the world.
I love him deep down in my heart.

He will lead us in the right path.


Don’t you think these are wonderful words to describe Jesus? They capture a child's innocent love for Him.

When my daughter asked my wife whether Jesus was proud of her, my wife replied "Yes". I’m sure He is, and so am I.

5 comments:

Joseph Pulikotil said...

Hello Jl,

Greetings and good wishes.

I am astounded,astonished and wonder struck at the amazing maturity and wisdom in your daughter's writing.I for one,with all my age to my advantage, would not have penned down such a wonderful poem of six lines.I am not giving her undue praise, she deserves much more than praise.It also reflects on the wonderful parents she got and the way she has been guided.

The words are simple and innocent but the meaning of the poem is deep and erudite.

HE IS THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD.I wonder how many grown up people reflect and meditate on this and understand.

How many grown ups LOVE HIM DEEP DOWN IN THEIR HEARTS and how many believe that HE WILL LEAD US IN THE RIGHT PATH.

All my praise,appreciation and kudos to your brilliant little daughter. I hope you will show this comment to her and tell her that this is what an old man in India thought about her brilliant writing and her amazing thinking.

Wish you and your family a wonderful Christmas Season.Hopefully, I will be able to come back again to wish you and your family MERRY XMAS.
Joseph

JI said...

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for your comment. I showed it to my daughter and she was extremely pleased. I too was wonder struck by such lovely words. I am proud of her.

You also are eloquent in your own right.

Best wishes,
JI.

Amrita said...

Your daughter posses a wonderful mind and heart. God reveals His truth to children. The kingdom of heaven belong to such as these.

Wishing you and your family a very happy Christmas

Anonymous said...

Hah, Italy demonstrators rally against Berlusconi

Anonymous said...

Hi Ji, your blog really touches me, have been reading it for awhile... Just wanted you to know about a website i started ReadYourBiblesChurch.com... It's a place for Bible study guides.. I also put a forum in that can be viewed from a mobile device.. I couldn't find where to contact you privately so I'm commenting, hope that is okay. :) God Bless! Jenn.